Google Analytics for your share button, updated!
We have begun rolling out a significant update to AddToAny’s Google Analytics integration for sharing stats. The update brings easier access to AddToAny sharing analytics and makes social media and bookmarking reports much more powerful and elegant!
Keeping a watchful eye on Google’s analytics offerings, a few months ago we were extra-happy to see Google Analytics officially announce event tracking for everyone. The ubiquity of Google Analytics event tracking has allowed us to update AddToAny’s Google Analytics integration to track each share as an event and to appropriately bucket all events into actions & labels within a single category. With this enhancement, AddToAny brings you more useful and intuitive sharing stats within the analytics dashboard you already use.
With AddToAny’s G.A. integration, you could traditionally access detailed reports on:
- Top shared content
- Which pages are visitors sharing and saving the most?
- How many shares or saves for each page?
- Top destinations (including e-mail and browser bookmarking)
- Which services are visitors sharing or saving to?
- How many shares or saves for each service?
With the new G.A. integration, the above reports are easier to access and you can additionally:
- Drill down by content
- Which services are used the most for a certain page?
- How many shares or saves per service for a certain page?
- Drill down by service
- Which pages are the most shared or saved to a certain service?
- How many shares or saves per page for a certain service?
For those wondering, the new method indeed replaces the old access method. So instead of filtering reports by addtoany.com, you can access your social bookmarking stats in two clicks or less from your Google Analytics dashboard.
With no further ado, check out the updated AddToAny Google Analytics guide, and go check out your stats!